This part of Scotland definitely is a golfers paradise with over 40 courses within a 25 mile radius of the hotel, with both 18 and 9 hole at varying levels of difficulty the courses will offer a challenge for all. The small villages scattered along the coast are steeped in history, The largest of the villages, Anstruther, is 3 miles away and houses the Scottish Fisheries Museum, Pittenweem, home of the Art Festival.
Nearby Points of Interest
- Secret Bunker (2 mi)
- Scotland’s best kept secret for over 40 years, Hidden beneath an innocent Scottish Farmhouse, a tunnel leads to, Scotland’s Secret Bunker. 24,000 square feet of Secret accommodation. The size of two football pitches, one on top of another, On two levels 100 feet undergroundDiscover the twilight world of the Government Cold War.
- Crail Pottery (0.5 mi)
- Crail Pottery set around the beautiful courtyard in the heart of historic Crail. The Pottery produces a diverse range of stoneware, terracotta planters, raku and bright hand painted earthenware. Each pot is individually handcrafted; each has its own unique character. Each piece hand thrown on the wheel, decorated, glazed and fired at the pottery.
Crail Pottery is a real family business, well worth a visit.
- Crail Harbour (0.5 mi)
- The Crail Harbour is one of the most unspoiled harbours in the world. Renowned for its beauty, originality and character. Situated at the end of shoregate, with its own beautiful beach (when the tide is in) and the lobster shack, providing local shellfish delicacies during the season. Not surprising that its being one of the most photographed and painted harbours in the world and its well worth a visit while you are in Crail.
- Golf (1 mi)
- Golfing legend Old Tom Morris laid out the Balcomie course in 1895 and in 1998 a second course, Craighead Links, was designed by Gil Hanse, whose outstanding work was recognised in 2009 with the Golf Course Architect of the Year Award.
- Crail Festival (0.3 mi)
- Crail Festival runs each year about the last two weeks in July and is packed with entertainment stretched from Illyria giving an outdoor performance of Twelfth Night to The Sticky Kids Singalong Show, from a series of four recitals in Holy Trinity Catholic Church to a Sandcastle Competition and from a Jazz Lunch to a Junior Golf Skills Competition... events for all tastes and for all the family.
- High Street (0.3 mi)
- Crail High Street offers the visitors a village style shopping experience with most of the essentials available including bank with ATM a post office, farmacy butcher, mini market and many more.